Greens and Beans
Recipe- high in magnesium
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups kale, washed, stems trimmed and chopped
- 1 (15- ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven.
- Add onion and garlic slices. Sauté until tender about 3 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and salt and pepper; stir until fragrant. Add the kale and let sauté until it cooks down slightly. Add the beans and the chicken stock.
- Cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish to grilled chicken breast.