Rich in Vitamin D!
Tahini Egg Bowl – recipe from Mary Houser, found in Nutrition by Nathalie
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 cups curly kale, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1/2 Tbsp gluten free tamari
- sesame seeds
- red pepper flakes
1. Bring a pot of water to a simmer to poach your eggs.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the minced the garlic, kale, tahini and tamari and sauté for a couple of minutes until the kale has wilted.
3. While the kale is being sautéed, poach your two eggs. (Don’t forget to add a few drops of vinegar to your simmering water to keep the eggs intact! You can also boil, scramble, fry your eggs — whatever preparation you enjoy)
4. In a small pan over low heat toast your desired amount of sesame seeds. This will take a few minutes.
5. Place the sautéed kale in your bowl. Top with poached eggs and sliced avocado.
6. Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over your eggs and add a dash of red pepper flakes to your sliced avocado.
7. Drizzle extra tahini on top of your bowl and enjoy immediately!