Easy Greek Salmon Bowls
(modified from Cooking Light)
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 salmon fillet, 3/4 cup quinoa mixture, and 1 1/3 cups vegetables)
This recipe is rich in omega-3! –our vitamin of the month
- 4 (5-oz.) skin-on salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 5 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 3 cups packed baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
How to Make It
- Sprinkle salmon with dill, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add salmon, skin side up, to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Set up a bowl of well-salted ice water for s
- Add the beans to the boiling water and cook until tender but still have some bite, 5 to 7 minutes. Strain and immediately transfer the beans to the salted ice water. Once cool, strain, pat dry and set aside until ready to use.
- Toss together spinach, quinoa, and parsley in a bowl. Whisk together lemon juice, honey, and remaining 1/4 cup oil in a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup lemon dressing to spinach mixture; toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon 3/4 cup spinach mixture into each of 4 bowls. Arrange 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/2 cup cucumber, and 1/3 cup cooked green beans in each bowl. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle salt to taste. Top each bowl with 1 flaked salmon fillet and 1 tablespoon feta cheese.