Breakfast: Coconut Berry Smoothie
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Lunch: Greek Salad
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 serving sautéed broccoli
They key is to have protein, fiber and healthy fat at every meal. Also, when consuming carbohydrates like fruit, it’s better to have them in the morning and around workouts.
Yield: 1.5 cups
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon tahini (or 1/8 cup pine nuts)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup + 1-3 tablespoons plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (little scant) paprika
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (for color)
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil
- Optional: 1 1/2-2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until very, very smooth (start with 1 cup + 1 tablespoon milk).
2. Transfer mixture to a small/medium saucepan, and heat over low/low-medium heat for 5-8 minutes, until mixture is starting to slowly bubble and thicken (stir frequently through heating).
3. To thin sauce slightly, stir in another 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Avoid thickening sauce over high heat (or increasing heat too quickly), since this sauce can scorch easily.
4. Once sauce has thickened, transfer to a serving dish and get dipping!