As we enter into spring here are some ideas to help us align with the energy of new things to come.
Here’s a colorful plan to help you snap out of hibernation mode and into the spirit of springtime!
- Start moving – shake off those winter doldrums and get your energy flowing. Walking, hiking, try a yoga class, dance, sing – let’s get moving!
- Loosen up – spring is the season to thaw out those frozen places (even within)—an invitation for us to break through the obstacles and old habits that limit our well-being. This may be through compassion and letting go of grudges or through forgiveness.
- You may want to begin journaling – helping to identify your thoughts and emotions in order to help clear out some emotional space. It makes emotions seem more manageable while providing a different perspective. Include gratitude in your journaling. Focusing your intentions on what you are grateful for, invites more in!
- Tune in and align – The surging energy of springtime is palpable if we’re sensitive to it. Tune in to the vital flow that connects us all. How about a spring “tune up,” with a spinal adjustment, massage, Reiki or energy treatment; beginning yoga, a meditation practice or attending a class.
- Reboot your practice – What self care and wellness practice have you been wanting to incorporate into your daily life? Take action now and move on it as a radical act of self love. Monthly massages, holistic care, committing to a weekly exercise practice are worthy commitments. Unplug. Take a planned break from technology and visualize how you want to feel in your life and in your relationships.
- Nurture new growth – As the natural world begins to flourish, we too can find new pathways for creative expression and the unfolding of our potential. What would you like to learn more about and to devote a time of study? Discovering more about energy healing, spiritual practice, diet and nutrition, coaching about self care, etc. can all be richly rewarding.
- Lighten your plate – Have you started mixing in more seasonal produce? Say goodbye to winter—and to those heavy winter meals, too. Have you ever been on a detoxification or purification program to cleanse the body/mind? You may want to commit to a more plant-based diet and enjoy more vegetarian meals. Consider trying at least one new recipe per week.
- Expand your horizons – While the world around us turns from winter to spring, we can also shift the way we look at things both within and without. Take the time to slow your life down and self reflect. Let yourself dream and listen to your heart desires; to that “still small voice within you.” Give yourself time to BE with yourself in a new way.
A willingness to be emotionally honest with yourself and with those you love can deepen all of your connections and allow your loved ones to offer support and encouragement in return, thus everyone becomes more calm and centered in daily life.